Now Hiring: Community Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Position Title: Community Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Work Location: Columbus, OH / WFH
Employment/FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Reports To: Manager of Community Engagement
Target Salary: $40,000
Besa is on a mission to transform civic engagement by making community service simple, fun and impactful for people and businesses. Lift one, we believe, and you lift us all. In nine years, by fostering relationships with over 100 nonprofits and using cutting-edge technology to harness people’s willingness to do good, Besa has rallied 60,000 volunteers to give 160,000 hours and complete 10,000 projects communitywide.
About the Role
The Community Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for creating transformative experiences around giving back for individuals and families in our community.
In this role, you’ll support the effort to connect community members to nonprofit organizations doing game-changing work. This includes curating volunteer experiences, managing the Volunteer Leader program, bolstering Besa’s nonprofit partnerships, and ultimately strengthening our community through impactful civic engagement.
Our ideal candidate will be an energetic and effective communicator who is highly organized with proven success planning projects and community engagement strategies.
Manage community volunteer programming
- Providing high-touch customer service to Besa’s volunteers and nonprofit partners.
- Schedule and post volunteer projects to Besa’s volunteer platform.
- Curate new and exciting volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain Besa’s internal volunteer calendar.
- Lead volunteer communications, including responding promptly to community inquiries.
- Maintain Besa’s volunteer rewards program.
- Lead volunteer engagement experiences in the community.
Lead Besa’s Volunteer Leader program: Volunteer Leaders are the ambassadors that lead Besa volunteer projects.
- Manage volunteer leader communication and be their main Besa point of contact.
- Develop strategies to keep volunteer leaders engaged to enhance program outcomes and effectiveness.
- Maintain the appropriate number of volunteer leaders within the program.
- Onboard new volunteer leaders.
- Plan and manage volunteer leader meetings and events.
Amplify nonprofit partnerships
- Maintain existing nonprofit partnerships and establish new relationships to add fresh opportunities that will resonate with our volunteers and support the needs of the community.
- Respond to nonprofit partnership requests.
- Maintain Besa’s nonprofit database.
- Review and implement volunteer feedback, including problem resolution.
- Collaborate with nonprofits to curate unique volunteer experiences.
Support strategies to increase community engagement
- Provide recommendations for advancing Besa’s community volunteer program.
- Implement creative solutions that grow our impact.
- Support powerful storytelling by uploading and sharing volunteer experience photos and stories into the Besa database, ensuring data is accurate and current.
- Provide strategies to maintain and grow our volunteer base.
- Support business-critical operations including Besa supply drives, our annual Be The Good fundraiser, and other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years professional experience developing projects and events, from inception to execution, with a keen eye to detail organization.
- Effective and engaging communicator, both written and verbal.
- Adept at building new community connections and nurturing relationships, whether with a group of volunteers, corporate executives, or nonprofit leaders.
- Confident leading meetings with executives and nonprofit leaders.
- Exhibits professionalism, optimism, and enthusiasm; enjoys working with diverse constituents; and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Creative problem solver, committed to high-touch customer service, and responsive to partner needs.
- Proficient using technology, including Basecamp, Airtable, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, and Microsoft Office.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a desire to change the world with us.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and be willing to follow CDC protocols including mask-wearing.
Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with co-workers. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit, headquartered in German Village.
- Energetic and collaborative team driven by a mission to do good.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits package, including retirement, short-term and long-term disability benefits, and parental leave.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
Besa seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected category.
Please view this job description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you are passionate about our mission and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, we welcome you to apply.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com