Now Hiring: Executive Assistant
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Work Location: Columbus, OH Headquarters / WFH
Employment/FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Reports To: CEO
Target Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hiring Status: Closed
Besa is on a mission to transform civic engagement by making community service simple, fun, and impactful for people and businesses. In nine years, by fostering relationships with over 100 nonprofits and using cutting-edge technology to harness people’s willingness to do good, Besa has rallied 56,000 volunteers to give 135,000 hours and complete 9,700 projects communitywide.
In addition to our community volunteer program, Besa has forged partnerships with some of the most notable companies in Columbus to support Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs. Teaming with companies enables us to amplify community-wide impact.
At the heart of Besa is an exceptional team dedicated to the work, mission, and vision of advancing civic engagement.
About the Role
Are you motivated by making someone else’s day easier? Do you thrive on taking care of things the right way the first time? When a task comes in, do you naturally prioritize it and figure out how to get it done without having to ask a lot of questions? When you say, “I’ll take care of it,” does everyone know it will be done with great attention to detail and quality?
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant and office administrator who can help our leadership be successful in the administrative management of their day-to-day work and to maximize their time, effectiveness, and team cohesion.
The Besa staff are self-starters, forward thinkers, and we like to collaborate. We work hard to do what we believe is best for our volunteers, partners, stakeholders, and colleagues, and we love doing it.
The office administrator is the supportive epicenter for the organization. This role will ensure that all office administrative functions are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within Besa.
He/She/They will oversee and achieve organizational goals while maintaining an efficient, productive, and positively cultured office and employee experience.
- Maintain calendar/schedule for the CEO: optimize planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and calls; proactively confirm meetings; help him prepare for meetings; prioritize requests and protect time; coordinate board/committee meetings and speaking engagements.
- Maintain administrative tasks: track expenditures and expense reports; take meeting notes; complete spreadsheet/application data entry and reports, generate and distribute memos, letters, spreadsheets, forms, and faxes.
- Prepare CEO & senior leadership for upcoming meetings: provide reading materials about the business or individual(s); print meeting materials; confirm meeting times, attendees, and locations; ensure that action items resulting from the meetings are captured/communicated.
- Manage internal record keeping: maintain records, documentation, and files, particularly more complex or sensitive files such as employee files or office financials
- Assist the COO: with the hiring process and the on-boarding of new employees.
- Project manage internal events: lead and collaborate with staff on planning and execution.
- Maintain office services: organize office operations and procedures, design filing systems, review and approve supply requisitions; manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages, etc.); maintain facilities management, vendor contracts and relations, and facilitation of all office functions and services including office supplies and equipment.
- Lead special projects: as directed by the CEO.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 3 years of prior executive administration/office coordinator experience
- Possess the unique ability to deftly handle the unexpected.
- Proactive problem-solver who will seek out, research, and recommend new tools and processes to increase efficiency and improve outcomes.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Basecamp.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and be willing to follow CDC protocols including mask-wearing.
Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with co-workers. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit, headquartered in German Village
- Energetic and collaborative team driven by a mission to do good.
- Competitive health and dental benefits package, including retirement, short-term and long-term disability benefits, and parental leave.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
Besa seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected category.
Please view this job description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you are passionate about our mission and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, we welcome you to apply.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com