Position Title: Vice President, Community Engagement & Partnerships
Work Location: Columbus, OH Headquarters / WFH
Employment/FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Reports To: CEO
Target Base Salary: Commensurate with experience
Status: Accepting Applications
About the Role
Besa has sparked a movement of good — a wave of civic engagement that has rallied over 65,000 corporate and individual volunteers to give 150,000 hours and has made $58M in community impact. Now, we are seeking a Vice President of Community Engagement & Partnerships — a new position — to help propel us to our next. This role will be responsible for building and leading a fully integrated Advancement Department, which includes 50% earned revenue through our social enterprise and 50% contributed revenue. He/She/They will create a scalable strategy that advances our mission through partnerships, investments, and collaboration. The ideal candidate will be a values-driven human, resourceful problem-solver, and experienced fundraiser with demonstrated success.
- Lead the development of the annual advancement program that cultivates an integrated earned and contributed income strategy, ensuring current and potential stakeholders are engaged, inspired, and motivated to give.
- Manage a portfolio of major prospects, successfully guiding them to deeper engagement and long-term partnerships.
- Build and develop an exceptional advancement team, which includes staff, contractors, and fundraising consultants.
- Evaluate current processes and develop new strategies to ensure partnerships, programming, and outcomes are aligned with expectations.
- Increase awareness and positive positioning of the organization, ensuring consistent voice, messaging, and branding in all department communications.
- Lead special projects as directed by the CEO.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 6+ years fundraising and/or sales experience in a start-up, nonprofit, or social enterprise, working in and scaling $1M-$5M organizations with contributed and earned revenue streams.
- Trustworthy, thoughtful, positive, and confident leader who acts with integrity.
- Creative problem solver with strong entrepreneurial mindset who manages actionable plans and delivers tangible outcomes.
- Experience building, nurturing, and leading teams; excellent listener adept at motivating teams and building consensus.
- Experience meeting and exceeding fundraising and/or business development goals, securing significant agreements, and maintaining relationships.
- Proficient using technology, including donor database software, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, and Adobe Suite.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and be willing to follow CDC protocols, including mask-wearing.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a desire to change the world with us.
Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with co-workers. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit, headquartered in German Village
- Energetic and collaborative team driven by a mission to increase civic engagement
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits package, including retirement, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits, and up to 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Generous PTO policy and paid holidays off
- Professional development opportunities
Besa seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected category.
Please view this job description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you are passionate about our mission and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, we welcome you to apply.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com