About the Role
The Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement is responsible for creating transformative experiences around giving back for individuals and families in our community. In this role, you’ll lead the effort to connect community members to nonprofits doing game-changing work. This includes curating volunteer experiences, managing the Volunteer Leader program, bolstering Besa’s nonprofit partnerships, and ultimately strengthening our community through civic engagement.
- Lead Besa’s community volunteer program
Manage Besa’s community volunteer program while providing high-touch customer service to Besa volunteers and partners. This includes posting volunteer projects to Besa’s website, developing new and exciting volunteer opportunities, maintaining Besa’s internal volunteer calendar and civic engagement pages, leading volunteer communication, responding promptly to community inquiries, developing strategies to engage volunteers, maintaining Besa’s online store and rewards program, and leading volunteer opportunities when needed.
- Amplify nonprofit partnerships
Maintain existing nonprofit partnerships and establish new relationships to add fresh opportunities that will resonate with our volunteers and support the needs of the community. This includes responding to nonprofit partnership requests, scheduling volunteer projects with nonprofits, maintaining Besa’s nonprofit database, reviewing and implementing feedback, developing new nonprofit relationships, collaborating with nonprofits to curate unique volunteer experiences, and assisting in problem-solving.
- Manage Volunteer Leader program
Volunteer Leaders are the ambassadors that lead Besa volunteer projects. You’ll be their main point of contact and support the program by developing strategies to keep Leaders engaged and enhance the program. Responsibilities include maintaining the appropriate number of leaders within the program, on-board new volunteer leaders, planning team meetings and events, and tracking metrics.
- Administrative duties
Analyze and track metrics for Besa’s Community Volunteer program and develop monthly impact reports. Manage other administrative duties as needed.
- Business-Critical Operations
Assist as needed with business-critical operations, including social media content, photography request, supply drives, Adopt a Senior and Besa’s annual Be The Good fundraiser.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years developing and managing projects, from inception to execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training.
- Adept at building community connections and nurturing relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Highly organized with great project management skills and an ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Results-oriented and committed to high-touch customer service.
- Ready to leverage leadership skills to command a large group of volunteers who are relying on you for instruction and inspiration.
- Proficient using technology, including Basecamp, Airtable, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, and Microsoft Office.
- Exhibits professionalism, optimism, energy, and enthusiasm; enjoys working with diverse constituents; and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a desire to change the world with us.
Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with co-workers. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Energetic team driven by a mission to do good.
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit with a collaborative culture.
- Competitive health and dental benefits package, including retirement and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
We are no longer accepting applications for this role.
Besa seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Besa — an Albanian term that means “to keep a promise” — is a Columbus-based nonprofit with a mission to engage volunteers, inspire service, and nourish generosity. Founded in 2010, Besa has given new meaning to civic engagement by creating an online platform that easily connects volunteers, corporate philanthropy, and resources to local nonprofits. Nonprofits are frequently understaffed and overwhelmed, while community members and businesses are eager for tangible ways to get involved and support the causes they care about. Besa bridges this gap by curating volunteer experiences on behalf of its more than 100 nonprofit partners, and then providing the vehicle for which people can easily find these opportunities, sign up, and engage in a cause that is meaningful to them. From food pantries to homeless shelters and beyond, Besa’s platform (givebesa.org/volunteer) offers ample opportunities for engagement with organizations as diverse as the city we live in. Since its inception, Besa has organized more than 55,000 volunteers who have invested 115,000 hours in 8,500 projects — all working together in the city they love while helping those who need it most.
In addition to empowering individuals to get more deeply involved in civic engagement, a thriving social sector also provides opportunities for companies to give back. For corporations, Besa offers curated experiences based on the company’s philanthropic pillars, and the Besa platform offers a suite of services to increase the impact of corporate philanthropy programs.