Team Besa Is Growing: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Position Title: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Work Location: Columbus, Ohio & WFH
Employment/FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Reports To: CEO
At Besa, we connect people with community through experiences that change lives. We do this through strategic partnerships with nonprofits, a community volunteer portal (givebesa.org/volunteer), and by teaming with companies to connect their workforce to powerful giving experiences. Since launching in 2012, Besa has rallied 48,000 corporate and individual volunteers to give 115,000 hours and has made $22M in community impact.
In addition to our public volunteer portal, Besa partners with companies to elevate their Corporate Social Responsibility programs. Big Lots, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, L Brands and NiSource all leverage Promise, Besa’s proprietary corporate philanthropy software, to achieve greater impact in our community. Companies using Promise are up to 3x more engaged in doing good.
We see Promise as the key to growing Besa’s impact here in Columbus and eventually across the United States.
About the Role
Today, 25,000 employees have access to a Besa service through our corporate partnerships. Growing that number will mean more people have opportunities to give back in powerful ways. The Director of Corporate Partnerships will secure new corporate partnerships and inevitably connect thousands more to Besa’s game-changing work.
In this role, you’ll build strong relationships with prospective clients and secure new business partnerships. You’ll research leads, maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities, manage product demos, lead the proposal process, and ultimately close deals to do more good.
You’ll also partner with Besa’s CTO and Product Manager to identify opportunities to enhance the overall Promise experience for our stakeholders — including companies, employees and nonprofit partners.
Additional responsibilities include analyzing and tracking metrics, developing monthly impact reports, elevating print and digital collateral, and managing other business critical duties as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Some combination of 3+ years professional sales experience within corporate philanthropy, a software development company, and/or a startup environment.
- Expert at building community connections and nurturing relationships.
- Comfortable, conversational and confident on the phone and in-person with senior leadership.
- Highly organized, results-oriented and committed to high-touch customer service.
- Exhibits professionalism, optimism, energy, and enthusiasm; enjoys working with diverse constituents; and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Confident leading product demonstrations.
- Demonstrated understanding of software-as-a-service platforms.
- Proficient using technology, including Hubspot, Basecamp, Airtable, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud and Microsoft Office.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a desire to change the world with us.
Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required. Additionally, there may be travel outside of Columbus as Besa continues to grow its market reach. This includes client visits and/or conferences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with co-workers in an office environment. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Energetic team driven by a mission to do good.
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit with a collaborative culture.
- Competitive health and dental benefits package, including retirement and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. We’d still love to hear from you for future opportunities. Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Besa seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.